Recipe makes (4) 8x8x2 pans
Dairy or Parve (non-dairy)
3/4 cup(1 1/2 stick) butter or margarine
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk or milk substitute
2 TBS +1 tsp active dry yeast
9 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 TBS. salt
Sticky Glaze & Filling:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 granulated white sugar
1 stick butter or margarine
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/8tsp. (2 pinches) salt
For the filling: Beat the butter/margarine until softened. While continuing to beat, gradually add sugar, brown sugar, shortening, corn syrup, salt, and raisins.
For the Sticky Buns (Dough):
Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
1)In a mixer with a paddle attachment, blend butter/margarine and sugar to a smooth paste.
2)Add eggs and salt and blend well.
3)Slowly add the milk.
4)In a separate bowl, blend the flour and yeast( make sure it is well combined).
5)Turn off mixer and exchange the paddle for a dough hook.
6)Add flour mixture,a little a bit of a time into the egg mixture. Add a little flour if necessary to draw dough away from side of the mixer.
7)Remove dough from mixer and knead dough by hand to perfect and form a ball of dough.
8) Place the dough on a floured working surface and pat with a minimal amount of oil and cover with
plastic wrap and a towel . Let rest and rise for apx. 1 hour, or until it doubles in size. *NOTE: Dough tastes better when it ages. If you do not have the time (or patience) to proceed at this point, punch dough down and place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight and proceed when ready.
9)Punch the dough down and let rest and rise again. Punch dough down again.
10) Divide dough into 4 equal balls (weighing apx. 1 lb. apiece).
11)On a floured surface, working each ball at a time, punch down the dough and roll into a 11x15 rectangle.
12) Spread the filling on the dough , sprinkle generous amounts of cinnamon on top of filling. Add a handful of raisins if desired, and roll the dough in a jellyroll fashion.
13) Slice the roll into 9 equal pieces
14) Spread topping into the bottom of the 8x8x2 pan and place dough slices, cut side up and slightly touching
*If desired, add chopped pecans to the topping prior to placing the dough in the pan
15)Bake for apx. 20 minutes or until slightly browned.
16) Remove pans from oven and let cool slightly, for a few minutes.
17) Carefully turn pan over onto a piece of aluminum foil or wax paper, and let cool(or eat warm.) Enjoy.